Years after its initial release, is the Apple iPhone 8 still worth it? Take it from someone who’s used the iPhone 8 for more than three years… it’s still one of the most capable phones in the market. And the decreased price makes it all worth your while!
Apple iPhone 8 Prices: From under $200 (refurbished)
During its initial release, the iPhone 8 was priced at $699. However, you can get it now for as low as $449, and even cheaper when it’s on promotion.
If you want a used or refurbished iPhone 8, you can find them for under $200.
And yes, there are far better phones in today’s market that you can get for the same price. But that doesn’t take anything away from the iPhone 8’s performance.
iPhone 8 Specs and Features You’ll Love
- Display: 4.7-inch HD IPS LCD Display with Scratch Resistant Glass and 3D Touch
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 Pixels, 326 ppi
- Chipset: Apple 11 Bionic Chip
- OS: iOS11
- RAM: 2 GB
- Rear Camera: 12 Megapixels f/1.8 Aperture
- Front Camera: 7.0 Megapixels
- Storage: Available in 64 GB and 256 GB
- Networks: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- NFC: Yes
- Biometrics: Fingerprint Sensor
- Battery: 1821 mAh Li-ion non-removable battery
- Sensors: Barometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor and Accelerometer
- Material: IP67 Water Resistant Metal Frame with Glass Front & Back
- Dimensions: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm
The iPhone 8 is available in three different colors. You can get it in Black, Gray and Gold. Based on the specs and features, the iPhone 8 is not very far from the iPhone 7S aside from some small, notable improvements.
However, if you’re looking for an affordable phone with iOS feel and features, then the iPhone 8 may be worth your while. It also features wireless charging, and the glass rear provides a different feel.
What Others Are Saying About This Smartphone
When it was first released, the iPhone 8 received some backlash because there was a limited upgrade from the iPhone 7. New features have been added, such as the wireless charging, beautiful new design, and better camera.
The short battery life only lasts for a day too. So, if you’re looking for a phone with longer battery life, then the iPhone 8 might not be for you.